[Kst] Can't build from source - cdf.h: No such file or directory

Frossie frossie at gmail.com
Thu May 25 02:56:59 CEST 2006

On 5/24/06, Barth Netterfield <netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> For some reason the configure script is deciding that you have cdf installed,
> and hence wants to build the cdf data source, even though the devel package
> isn't installed.

That's right - there seems to be a libcdf in my library path (not my
private system so I don't know how that ended up there without its
full package) but no source and no cdf.h. Since the config script did
explicitly test for cdf.h I thought it would cope and skip the CDF
part, but I guess it didn't work that way.

> But it can't find the cdf headers.  Does your distribution have some sort of
> cdf-devel package?  Installing it will probably fix this.

No, but I did build CDF from source which did allow kst to build.
(make -k couldn't cope). Seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Aloha,

   Frossie