[Kst] Introduction to KST mailing list.

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed May 3 09:34:16 CEST 2006

>   I am a mentor on the SoC.  I actually help organize the KDE
> participation as well.  I can definitely put up some
> suggestions on the KDE list.  In fact, I already have some
> ideas.  Scripting!
Well, as I have not yet looked in detail at the new scripting
possibilities I may be wrong, but it seems to me that most of the code
is there already. What's certainly lacking is some documentation and
examples, but if I were a student looking for some coding thrills I'd be
sort of reluctant to end up writing docs :-) And besides, I suppose
there are some criteria to meet to qualify as a SoC project...
Looking at the list of planned improvements (and adding some !), the
following seem more interesting for a SoC project (in my opinion at
least):
- data subsets and masking
- adding 3D plots (not sure this is really planned, though) e.g. with
qwtplot3d
- datasource enhancements (by the way, does the sentence "Do not attempt
at this time to support non-sync data" mean that my buddyVar() idea
won't be implemented in the short term ?)
- undo/redo framework

I have no idea what can be achieved in 2 months, though :-) And maybe
you see things differently ?