[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/src

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Mar 9 15:29:50 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 09:17, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> Resolution enhancement was invented because of my misunderstanding of
> QPrinter....  Without this, the printer is assumed to have screen
> resolution, so we artificially enhanced the resolution with resolution
> enhancement.
>
> This tells KPrinter what resolution it actually has, so the geometry stuff
> now reflects the geometry in actual readable pixels.
>
> I don't know what this is going to do to the line width stuff I changed
> yesterday, but I can re-change it based on how this goes.

  Ok, I'm not entirely sure about how well this will work with various
printers/printdevices.  Have you tried it yet?  It would definitely be nice
to remove resolution enhancement.  It would roughly solve all of our printing
problems. :-)  It should be very easy to remove too... I already removed much
of it when I refactored into KstPainter.