[Kst] getdata patch

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:18:13 CET 2006

folks in our lab use the debian packages, or compile from source.  If we do
decide to go the separation route, I would be willing to go through the
process of becoming a debian package maintainer in order to package
libdirfile.

BUT, I think the bigger question is:  what is the timeframe for the new
dirfile successor with network capabilities?  If that will be ready in 6-12
months, then I don't really think it's worth the trouble to split off dirfile
support and build/maintain packages for something that is going away.

I would rather focus effort on a new and better system.

-Ted