[Kst] getdata patch

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Fri Jan 6 21:48:10 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:12:57PM -0500, George Staikos wrote:
>   - Some linux distros are looking at and/or already packaging Kst.  They
> would have to pick up libgetdata for their next release and make Kst depend
> on it, otherwise it would not contain that datasource.

[warning - I'm clearly biased toward separating the two]

Is this such an issue?  The fact that these distros have picked up kst
and the other datasource libraries indicates that they are willing to
pick up such things.  Furthermore, how many potential libgetdata users
are there who aren't specifically kst developers or BLAST users?  All
BLAST kst users I know of use either rpms I develop for RedHat/Fedora
machines, tgz packages that Don creates for Slack machines, or compile
from source themselves and therefore are all capable of including
libgetdata/libdirfile/whatever it will be called.

--
"Ice Cream has no bones."
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/