[Kst] getdata patch

Barth Netterfield netterfield at physics.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 6 20:33:12 CET 2006

Without commenting on this particular patch....

This brings up an idea that Ted has championed for a while now: that getdata
should be its own library (as is cfitsio, HDF, etc etc) and not a part of
kst.

The advantage is that we could have a single libDirfile svn tree somewhere,
and would avoid the problem of forking that has been a problem in the past,
and people could easily install libDirfile without installing kst (of course,
why would someone want to do such a horrible thing?) and could install kst
without installing dirfiles.

The disadvantage is that it would mean one more install for people who want
dirfile access through kst.

Any thoughts on this?

cbn