[Kst] [Bug 132954] New: Can't use datasource metadata in labels
nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Aug 25 10:21:24 CEST 2006
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: Can't use datasource metadata in labels
AssignedTo: kst kde org
ReportedBy: nicolas.brisset eurocopter com
Version: 1.3.0_devel (using KDE 3.4.0, compiled sources)
Compiler: gcc version 3.4.3
OS: SunOS (sun4u) release 5.8
When importing metadata from a file it can currently be used only in the metadata dialog called from the vector RMB menu in the data manager. It should supposedly be possible to use these strings in labels (if I have misunderstood something there, then this is not a bug report but a wishlist item!) but it does not seem to work.
To reproduce (with a recent svn otherwise you don't have netCDF metadata):
1) download http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/GOTEX.C130_N130AR.LRT.RF06.PNI.nc
2) install netcdf libs and headers, and compile the netcdf datasource if you did not have it yet !
3) load the data file in the wizard, plot e.g. ADIFR vs time_offset
4) go to the data manager, RMB menu on one of the vectors, "Metadata": you get a dialog where you can see a couple of metadata, for instance "Source"
5) create a label in the plot with the following contents: "Source: [Source]", the result is "Source: " while the expected result is "Source: NCAR Research Aviation Facility"
More information about the Kst