[Kst] piping into kst doesn't work when the data aren't immediately available (cvs)

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Wed Aug 23 17:00:38 CEST 2006

* George Staikos -- Wednesday 23 August 2006 16:43:
>   I don't see any comment in your original message about trying it exactly
> like that.  I'll assume you did.  Can you prepare a simple testcase for us to
> reproduce the problem?

Hey, between the lines! :-)

OK, you are right, sorry. Just thought that my insistence on this being
because the data aren't immediately available (subject!) implied that it
worked *when* they were immediately available (such as via cat or any
other app that doesn't take two minutes to spit out data).

Attached is the test case. Run as

  $ ./nogo 0|kst -y 1 -n 500 stdin       # 0 seconds delay -> works

  $ ./nogo 10|kst -y 1 -n 500 stdin      # 10 seconds delay -> doesn't work

m.