[Kst] debian unstable X errors (WAS: kst-1.1.0 and svn HEAD X Errors)

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:27:33 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 09:35, Ted Kisner wrote:
> This is on an up-to-date debian unstable system (Qt 3.3.5, KDE 3.4.2, Xorg
> 6.8.2).

After some more googling, it seems that people experienced similar problems on
various distros during the gcc2 to gcc3 transition.  Considering debian has
just switched to gcc 4.0.2 as the default compiler, maybe the problem is that
some of the X/Qt/KDE library packages need to be rebuilt.  I thought that the
core libraries had already made the transisition, but I'm not sure.

I'll try to find info about which compiler was used to build all the
supporting libraries.

-Ted