[Kst] debian unstable X errors (WAS: kst-1.1.0 and svn HEAD X Errors)

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:35:54 CEST 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 08:06, Ted Kisner wrote:
> have confirmed that the problem still exists using the built-in
> (non-accelarated) nv driver.  I will try installing the unstripped Xorg
> packages and see if I can get anything useful...

This is on an up-to-date debian unstable system (Qt 3.3.5, KDE 3.4.2, Xorg
6.8.2).

George- do you know if the issues concerning using Qt 3.3.5 with KDE 3.4/3.5
have been resolved?  If not, then maybe this is the problem.  Though I don't
know why the debian-kde folks would use it then...

I'm pretty stumped here.  My system seems to be working fine- all KDE and GL
apps (that I've tried) from binary packages work fine.  I can compile my own
KDE apps, including other apps within the graphics module in svn HEAD, and
they all work fine.  When I build and run kst, I get X errors whenever it
paints within a basecurve.

For example, if I open the datamanager and create a new matrix there is no
problem.  If I create a new image, up pops the dialog, I select the matrix
and click "ok".  The errors start showing after the draw commands in
KstImage::paint, and continue whenever the basecurve paints.  This also
happens with the standard curve plotting.

If other KDE apps also exhibitted this behaviour, I would say it might be some
kind of library mismatch.

Is there anything we do (painting-wise) that most common KDE apps do not?

-Ted