[Kst] How about kmathlab ?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Oct 3 19:55:23 CEST 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 12:55, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> Dear kst users and developers,
>
> There is something I have been pondering over for quite some time, and
> considering the vitality of kst I figured I might ask the question here:
> how in your opinion could the KDE community develop a viable alternative
> to Matlab ?

  Matlab is two components, a GUI and a backend.  Octave is a full-featured
(but incomplete) matlab-compatible backend.  There have been suggestions to
make a KDE GUI for it, but I don't know of one yet.  IMHO it would be more
useful to have a KDE alternative to Mathematica - with symbolic manipulation.
Anyway that's really beyond the scope of what we're doing, but still a nice
idea.