[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 02:00:21 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 19:57, Andrew Walker wrote:
> My argument would be the first two paragraphs.
>
> Why assume its an X11 bug when we have no evidence?

  No-one else sees it, and this is typical of such issues.  We have no
evidence of it being anything inside Kst except a brute force removal of
clipping and repainting the whole thing.

> How does your patch restore the value of _lastClipRegion?

  It only restores it for the top level, correct.  Clearly it needs to be set
for the whole thing.  However I think I have a workaround that will be better
for you now.  You'll have test, I can't reproduce it.

> Given a choice between slower correct painting and faster
> incorrect painting then slower painting it is.

  It's not known to be incorrect.