[Kst] Kst web page ?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Mar 29 17:27:37 CEST 2005

> If we/you can find a volunteer, or some way of funding it,
> then it can happen....  Otherwise, well, I don't have any
> mechanism for funding it, and you've seen what my web page
> looks like :-) (The problem is the web developer(s), not the
> server or the meger amount of bandwidth we are talking about.)
If have played around with a couple of CMS tools, and it is really easy
to get an attractive website up and running. Content can then be added
easily, without the need for any expert knowledge. I could probably even
try to get something running sooner or later, provided that I have
access to a web server where I can install mambo
(http://www.mamboserver.com) for example. For this, all you need is a
machine connected to the web, with Apache, PHP and MySQL (I dont't know
about version prerequisites).
Either one of you can arrange this (I can't !), or we resort to sf.net,
or some other access provider... I don't know about KDE servers (George
?), but I fear they do not provide that kind of service.
Then, there could be the question of registering the domain name, which
is quite inexpensive but not free as fas as I know (maybe something like
dyndns.org would do, however ?).