[Kst] Kst web page ?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Mar 29 16:39:29 CEST 2005

Dear kst developers,

Most of the time, when I want to convince people to use a program, I
first show them the web page and screenshots. Then, if they are
interested and I have it installed, I do a demonstration. My own
experience when looking for programs is that the web page usually gives
a good hint at the level of maturity / professionalism of a given
project. As it stands, I would probably not even give kst a try and
rather opt for xmgrace, labplot or even qtiplot. I am not saying this to
be rude, but rather because I believe kst is really a great product and
very much underpublicized.
Is there a way we could get a better homepage for kst ? I think this
does not necessarily require a lot of effort (and it can be done by
other people than the core coders), especially when using a CMS (Content
Management System). Is this somehow in the plans ? Is there a web server
somewhere with Apache/PHP/MySQL (or better: Mambo or another CMS)
installed that we could use to revamp the kst website ?

Thoughts ?