[Kst] RE: error message

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Mar 18 16:37:08 CET 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 03:34, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> > Hi Nicolas.  We have installed the newest version of Kst
> > which includes your netCDF datasource reader.  However, when
> > we try to use the Data Wizard or open a file, Kst crashes
> > with the error message
> >
> > kst: relocation error: /usr/lib/kde3/kstdata_netcdf.so:
> > undefined symbol:
> > _ZN6NcFileC1EPKcNS_8FileModeEPjjNS_10FileFormatE
> >
> > Do you know why this is happening?  Have you encountered this problem?

   Actually it was a bug in my autoconf check which I fixed shortly after.  It
was not linking to the C++ version of the library.  It should be doing it
now.  I haven't checked for PIC issues but IIRC, the netCDF lib may not have
been compiled PIC here which would also cause this type of problem on non-x86
platforms.