[Kst] Copy/Paste behavior

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 17:48:59 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 11:35, Andrew Walker wrote:
> Cut should be relatively simple.
>
> This would essentially mean saving a kst file section to the
> clipboard (which still needs to be implemented) but should
> be fairly simple to do - given that all the xml saving code is
> there (though some changes may be necessary).

   And this is how we're starting to get back to the KstPlotDrag code.
Generating and parsing XML for copy and drag is slow though (especially when
multiple objects are involved), so binary encoding should be used.

> png drag/drop would be relatively simple but would add to the
> time lag as we'd need to create the png.

   No, it can generate the PNG on drop.

> If menu-paste is used then there is no current cursor location (or at
> least not one we want to paste to). We could add a right-click
> paste menu item saying something like "paste here" (restricted by
> all the usual rules about plots being wholly contained by a window etc.)

  Using window manager style placement would probably be close to what is
wanted.