[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jan 10 23:52:42 CET 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 17:39, Andrew Walker wrote:
> I would agree. I believe that there's a large potential
> user base out there who are still using RedHat 9.0 and
> there is no overwhelming reason to alienate them.

  It doesn't alienate them, but it does add one more step to installation:
install the KDE 3.x (x>1) packages for RedHat 9.  RedHat 9 is not the only
distribution running KDE 3.1 by default either... many SuSE releases, the
last stable Debian I think, and more.  The bigger issue is that it's becoming
hard to justify continuing to support this software when there are known bugs
of all sorts.  Having users upgrade their KDE is more efficient than 2 days
of ping-pong to determine that some package is too old and doesn't have all
the required bug fixes.

  Anyway it doesn't make a huge difference to me, it just slows us down a bit.