[Kst] ASCII datasource... how do we procede ?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Feb 4 18:26:10 CET 2005

I'd like to know how we can proceed regarding the changes I submitted. I
consider for granted that having a specialized CSV datasource is a good
idea and that someone (who ?) will do it eventually.
But as I see things that does not answer all needs and we still have to
provide more options to the general ASCII datasource, even if we
probably have to set defaults in such a way that things continue to work
as usual without the need to configure anything (in fact, it should be
that way currently).

I see many possible options and I'd like to have your opinion:
1) even though my changes are invasive, they get committed and cleaned
up (or the other way around)
2) my changes can't be committed and I have to provide smaller patches
activating changes in steps (probably nicer as regards cvs, but a lot
more work for me and it will have to wait as I won't have time before at
least 10-15 days !)
3) someone else makes the required changes based on what I provided and
commits them as appropriate.
4) nothing gets changed and I feel sad :-(

Just out of curiosity, has anybody tried out my modified ASCII
datasource ? If so, how did it feel ?