[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst/extensions/js

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 17:40:28 CET 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 10:22, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> >    This sounds very much like the Solaris "signals can fire
> > in different threads" bug and I'm told this is a "won't fix"
> > from Sun.  Simply linking to pthreads alone is enough to get
> > signals crossed, from what I read.  There may be little we
> > can do about this but I'll have to research it some more.
>
> OK, I guess this is not very high priority for 1.2.0 at this stage, even
> though it means JS scripting won't work on Solaris (at least Solaris 8)
> as the embedded Javascript console has the same problem...

 The embedded console is just Konsolepart with kstcmd set as the shell
program.  If you need to execute a KstScript command you can do that via dcop
too, btw.  That's how kstcmd works anyway.

  Hmm, for now, why don't you just comment out the setitimer() call in
kstcmd.cpp locally?  You won't get active disconnect detection, but
everything else, including passive disconnect detection, will work.