[Kst] [Bug 118696] New: "Change data sample ranges" dialog freezes kst with some datasources
nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Dec 20 10:18:27 CET 2005
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: "Change data sample ranges" dialog freezes kst with some
AssignedTo: kst kde org
ReportedBy: nicolas.brisset eurocopter com
Version: 1.2.0_devel (using KDE 3.4.0, compiled sources)
Compiler: gcc version 3.4.3
OS: SunOS (sun4u) release 5.8
[This is quite bad as your kst session needs to be killed !!!]
The "Change data sample ranges" wizard freezes kst with some datasources, like CDF and netCDF.
To reproduce (you need to have the netCDF datasource working):
- download an example netCDF file with 1D variables, e.g. http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/GOTEX.C130_N130AR.LRT.RF06.PNI.nc
- load some variables (e.g. "kst -x time_offset -y ADIFR")
- go to Tools->Change data sample ranges
- check "Count from end"
- type "200" in the "limit" field (or whatever it's called in English :-))
- hit "Apply": kst is FROZEN and can only be KILLED :-( !
This used to work, and still works with ASCII. I suppose there has been a minor change somewhere in kst that has not been propagated to all datasources, as CDF also exhibits the same problem. Hopefully this can be fixed easily...
More information about the Kst