[Kst] Release

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Dec 7 18:05:05 CET 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 11:59, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> Sad but true.
>
> On December 7, 2005 01:32 am, George Staikos wrote:
> > I'm afraid that the release isn't going to happen next week.  We need at
> > least 2 weeks of freeze for translations, and we still have a number of
> > major outstanding items:
> >
> > 1) Some minor view object work
> > 2) Legend dialog
>
> Hopefully finished today.

  Ok, and 1 is getting there too.  I hope to have more issues sorted out later
today also.

> > 3) One time input bug
> > 4) Quite a bit of KstScript work
> > 5) Any doc updates
>
> Anyone able & willing to work on this?

  I assume you mean #5.  It was hard to do that before the last of the UI was
done of course.  I don't know anyone working on it though.

  I'm doing 3 and 4, but definitely need more feedback for 4.  LOTS more.

> > Some other major bugs that I worry about but am afraid to fix this late:
> > a) kstpsd.cpp:339: virtual KstObject::UpdateType KstPSD::update(int):
> > Assertion `_last_n_new >= 0' failed.
> >      -> hard to reproduce.  Seems to happen after running for a long
> > time.
>
> Should we put in some defensive code there for release?

  The assert gets compiled out so that's not an issue.  The problem is, the
data could be wrong when that happens, and IIRC, we go into an infinite
update cycle burning lots of CPU.

> > b) KMDI gets inconsistent after closing the script terminal
>
> Should we only allow the external terminal?

  That is an option.  We can even leave it there but hide the menu item for
now so i18n is OK, and then enable it when we get a KMDI fix.  I'm afraid
that will mean making everyone use KDE 3.5.1 though. ;-)

> > c) object load/save dependencies are off in some cases
>
> ???  Sounds serious

  Serious, but obscure corner case(s).