netterfield at physics.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 7 17:59:44 CET 2005
Sad but true.
On December 7, 2005 01:32 am, George Staikos wrote:
> I'm afraid that the release isn't going to happen next week. We need at
> least 2 weeks of freeze for translations, and we still have a number of
> major outstanding items:
> 1) Some minor view object work
> 2) Legend dialog
Hopefully finished today.
> 3) One time input bug
> 4) Quite a bit of KstScript work
> 5) Any doc updates
Anyone able & willing to work on this?
> 6) Fixing saving, and testing KstFile compatibility and support in general
> 7) Kst Extension argument passing
> 8) DnD fixes (this could easily wait for 1.2.1)
> Only 2, 5, 7, and possibly 4 have translation impact so they should be
> fixed first. I suggest that we aim to freeze translations next week, do a
> development release on the 16th, and then do a final release in the first
> week of January. I think a 2-days-before-Christmas release will be
> pointless. Any thoughts?
Only agreement from me.
> Some other major bugs that I worry about but am afraid to fix this late:
> a) kstpsd.cpp:339: virtual KstObject::UpdateType KstPSD::update(int):
> Assertion `_last_n_new >= 0' failed.
> -> hard to reproduce. Seems to happen after running for a long time.
Should we put in some defensive code there for release?
> b) KMDI gets inconsistent after closing the script terminal
Should we only allow the external terminal?
> c) object load/save dependencies are off in some cases
??? Sounds serious
> d) Updates of view objects to keep everything in sync
More information about the Kst