[Kst] kst for Planck

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Tue Apr 26 10:10:18 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:50:42PM -0400, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 25 April 2005 21:22, Rodrigo Leonardi wrote:
> > My name is Rodrigo Leonardi. I'm working on LFI Planck at
> > the UCSB. I`ve installed KST 1.0.0 package on a redhat
> > Linux machine.
> >
> > I want to be able to read FITS file format using KST. I`ve
> > got the cfitsio routines but I do not know how to define a
> > datasource reader for a FITS file format. (Just in time: I
> > have no experience with C!!!) Is there an easy way to do
> > that? Any step by step document?
>
>    There is already a reader for that.  Does it not meet your needs?  Under
> Help->Debug Kst->Data Sources you should see one called "LFIIO Reader".

If you installed from the kst 1.0.0 rpm, then the problem is that the
rpm does not include cfitsio support.  The rpm only includes support for
external libraries that are available (via an rpm) for that
distribution.  Your best bet at this point may be to compile kst from
source.

I've been trying to come up with the best way around this.  I could make
kst-plugin rpms (like kst-cfitsio-1.0.0.rpm).  Or just bite the bullet,
and the rpms would require everything else.

--
"One in every seven days is a Thursday."
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/