[Kst] kst for Planck

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Apr 26 04:50:42 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 21:22, Rodrigo Leonardi wrote:
> My name is Rodrigo Leonardi. I'm working on LFI Planck at
> the UCSB. I`ve installed KST 1.0.0 package on a redhat
> Linux machine.
>
> I want to be able to read FITS file format using KST. I`ve
> got the cfitsio routines but I do not know how to define a
> datasource reader for a FITS file format. (Just in time: I
> have no experience with C!!!) Is there an easy way to do
> that? Any step by step document?

   There is already a reader for that.  Does it not meet your needs?  Under
Help->Debug Kst->Data Sources you should see one called "LFIIO Reader".

  The documentation for developing a new plugin is somewhat lacking right now.
I would probably be the person to talk to about this.  I do hope to do more
documentation, testing, and examples work after 1.1.0 is released, and
hopefully that will cover this area too.