[Kst] Re: NetCDF source

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 20:41:23 CEST 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 13:15, you wrote:
> > By the way,
> >
> > > is there any release schedule / feature plan for 1.1 yet ?
> >
> >   I'm just trying to figure this out right now actually.  We
> > really should release 1.1 ASAP because it has some major
> > performance enhancements and bug fixes.  There are some major
> > issues still on my list, though, and scripting definitely
> > won't be ready in less than a month so it will have to be
> > postponed to 1.2.
>
> Personnally, if I may express my views, the current kst looks really
> good and a 1.1 release could/should be done quickly. In case it might
> help draw plans for the next versions, following are my next wishes in
> decreasing order of priority (1 to 3 hopefully before 1.1!):

> 1) integrate my ASCII configuration options/code in the official tree
> (based on what I sent, I estimate it should take a real developer
> somewhere between 1 and 2 days to integrate completely. I can help, but
> not work full-time on this right now :-()

   Possibly.

> 2) easy file comparison (as suggested in comment 1 in bug #91692)
> 3) event monitor enhancements (bugs #101823 and #101825) as I plan to
> use it soon

   Unlikely.  1.1 is going to be released this month and there are too many
other issues to deal with.  They're also in-line with the main focus of 1.2,
which is scripting and tools.  Originally scripting was going to be in 1.1
but due to overwhelming demand for a fast, stable Kst, I'll be releasing 1.1
without it (by default).  1.2 will hopefully be released once scripting is
"done".  I do encourage people to test scripting in 1.1 though, and send
feedback.  Just don't expect your scripts to work without modification in
1.2.

> 4) a curve attribute editor with multiple selections allowed (I will
> make a bugzilla entry with more details soon, but some of my ideas are
> related to bug #96862)
> 5) (bug #91675) more objects to annotate plots directly within kst

  Hopefully 1.2.

> 6) 3D functions as there are in qtiplot or labplot

  Long time away I think....

   I updated RELEASE_PLAN to reflect the estimated dates I will cut Kst
releases, as well as list the focal points.