[Kst] RE: NetCDF source

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Apr 7 19:15:21 CEST 2005

> By the way,
> > is there any release schedule / feature plan for 1.1 yet ?
>
>   I'm just trying to figure this out right now actually.  We
> really should release 1.1 ASAP because it has some major
> performance enhancements and bug fixes.  There are some major
> issues still on my list, though, and scripting definitely
> won't be ready in less than a month so it will have to be
> postponed to 1.2.
Personnally, if I may express my views, the current kst looks really
good and a 1.1 release could/should be done quickly. In case it might
help draw plans for the next versions, following are my next wishes in
decreasing order of priority (1 to 3 hopefully before 1.1!):
1) integrate my ASCII configuration options/code in the official tree
(based on what I sent, I estimate it should take a real developer
somewhere between 1 and 2 days to integrate completely. I can help, but
not work full-time on this right now :-()
2) easy file comparison (as suggested in comment 1 in bug #91692)
3) event monitor enhancements (bugs #101823 and #101825) as I plan to
use it soon
4) a curve attribute editor with multiple selections allowed (I will
make a bugzilla entry with more details soon, but some of my ideas are
related to bug #96862)
5) (bug #91675) more objects to annotate plots directly within kst
6) 3D functions as there are in qtiplot or labplot