[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Sep 9 17:23:18 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 04:45, George Staikos wrote:
> 1) Progress bar should always be hidden if it is not changing.  If it's
> there, it looks like it's "about" to change, which makes me think "oh, I
> should wait".  This is consistent with other KDE apps.
I agree.

> 2) The general status messages should always be the leftmost entries to be
> consistent with other applications.  Fixed size/constantly present entries
> should be to the right.
Seems right to me as well.

Basically, I thnk the status bar is a very useful tool that could still use
some improvements. I will file a wish in bugzilla with some concrete ideas...

By the way, BE WARNED: I have put kst to extensive use these last few days and
I have a lot of new ideas (most of them rather easy to implement I think).
Watch out, bugzilla is gonna smoke :-)