[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Sep 8 04:45:56 CEST 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 18:18, Rick Chern wrote:
> CVS commit by rchern:
>
> Move databar to the left and maximize it, so it doesn't keep on resizing,
> and the curve/image name doens't keep on moving.  Also "Ready" makes more
> sense next to "360MB Available" I will change it back if this is less
> desireable...

  I'm not a big fan of the new statusbar layout.  I have several issues with
it, and I actually spent time ordering it the way I think is better not long
before I left.  In particular, two of my main arguments are:

1) Progress bar should always be hidden if it is not changing.  If it's there,
it looks like it's "about" to change, which makes me think "oh, I should
wait".  This is consistent with other KDE apps.
2) The general status messages should always be the leftmost entries to be
consistent with other applications.  Fixed size/constantly present entries
should be to the right.