[Kst] piolib and cdf source updates

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Nov 4 19:07:53 CET 2004

On Saturday 30 October 2004 16:58, George Staikos wrote:
> --with-cdf=/path/to/cdf
>
> These should point to the root of the installation.  In the case of CDF,
> this means we expect to find src/include and src/lib underneath there.
>
> Please test ASAP if you can since this goes into 1.0.0.
I've tested this at home and it did not seem to work
(--with-cdf=/usr/local/cdf27-dist, with src/include and src/lib subdirs).
Maybe I have to experiment more ?

Moreover, I find it strange that you have to keep sources around for this to
work as the src/lib and src/include folders are found only in unpacked
sources. What if a user installs only a binary rpm for cdf or does not keep
sources/does a 'make clean' ?
Well, I guess the --with-extra-includes and --with-extra-libs flags still
work, if required at all (i.e. cdf installed in non-standard locations)...

However, I fear there is a problem with my cdf datasource and its includes:
the file cdfdist.h which defines some macros I use is not installed by
default by the cdf Makefile. I guess I'd have to provide either a local copy
or even better, a stripped down version. I will send this to the list
tomorrow...