[Kst] Re: Fits

C. Barth Netterfield netterfield at physics.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 27 01:08:58 CEST 2004

The other option is for the fit dialog to create a kst plugin, then create a
kstcurve.  Then to edit curve props, edit the curve.  To edit plugin props,
edit the plugin.  Essentially, the fit dialog is just a convenience dialog
(in the spirit of the data wizard).

BUT: There appears to be an issue with editing plugins in general:
	if you edit a plugin (change its type), then old vectors used by existing
curves appear to become orphans. (George?).  With plugins, it seems to me
that the only option is to prevent any plugin whose vectors are being used in
curves from having its plugin type changed.

BUT: a fit need not have any such restriction - the X and Y output vectors
always exist, so one should be able to change the fit at will.....  And the
current architecture could allow that.

BUT: in the current architecture, a fit 'has a' plugin, so they both show up
in the data manager.  This is not good.

Let's come to a consensus though, before more hacking.  I'm meeting w/ George
tomorrow.  Can we call?

cbn