[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

C. Barth Netterfield netterfield at physics.utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 26 21:07:23 CEST 2004

I'm fairly certain this is not a good idea.

Here are two common cases:

What if the user is plotting something whose Y axis goes to +-10^-10?  All is
well with the old behavior, and not at all well with the new behavior.

What if the user is plotting something whose X axis goes from 10^9 to 10^9 +
100 (eg, time_t seconds)?  It doesn't take much zooming before the range
labels saturate, but the change here does not fix it.

The actual solution will have to involve new label formats (like a left side
base, and then tick mark offsets if the label dynamic range gets saturated).

But I think this change is bad.  Please revert (or discuss why it is ok as it
is).

cbn