[Kst] Re: kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Jul 24 05:00:09 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 21:28, Andrew Walker wrote:
> CVS commit by arwalker:
>
> Draft of filters.
>
> At this point any comment about the UI design (filterdialog.ui and
> filtersetdialog.ui) should be made. The code is not yet functional but it
> should be clear where it is headed.
>
>   M +108 -35   kstfilter.cpp   1.12

    Why does this code copy KstPlugin basically verbatim?  This is going to be
a big maintenance headache I think.  If it's really just a plugin, it should
use a KstPlugin or inherit from it I think.

>   M +62 -3     pluginxmlparser.cpp   1.19

   Should that be "_outputs[j]", not "_outputs[i]" in line 176?  I don't quite
follow the logic of this code yet, but it looks odd, and if _outputs.size() <
_inputs.size(), we will construct meaningless objects.

   Can you document these fit and filter extensions to the plugin spec?  They
are a bit more complicated than just a <filter> node so we should have this
written out somewhere I think.