[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Dec 13 19:21:40 CET 2004

On Monday 13 December 2004 09:44, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> We want one rendering engine between kstlabel (labels that are part of view
> objects, but are not view objects themselves) and kstviewlabel.
>
> So we should be working on 'the one true rendering engine', but can delay
> the architectual changes until the UI has been completely thought through.
>
> Does anyone have a good idea how much the various Qt text calls cost?
> Would it be worth while for me to benchmark them?

   Not sure.  It depends heavily on the system setup though, because XFT
may/may not be used, the video card, the font, etc...

   Do you want me to finish up the new renderer now and hook it into KstLabel?
I was thinking to write a parser in yacc and "compile" labels just as is done
with equations.  Then we have no string ops during updates.