[Ksecretservice-devel] Fwd: Re: KWallet/KSecretsService & GIT workflow

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Fri Aug 12 08:54:38 UTC 2011

Valentin Rusu wrote:
>>> kdeutils is not yet in KDE GIT and in Randa we discussed the
>>> modularization of KDE. What are the current plans about it?
>>>
>>> The kdeutils/kwallet module uses kde-runtime/kwalletd. By analogy,
>>> kdeutils/kwallet may be better placed, in my opinion, inside
>>> kde-baseapps module (and btw this module already moved to GIT).
>>>
>>> Alternatively, we may consider creating a small module named
>>> KDE/kdebase/kwalletmanager and move the kdeutils/kwallet code inside
>>> this module.
>> kdeutils-wise, lemma (Michael Leupold) is the person you need to talk
>> to.
> Yes, I know - he's a subscriber of the ksecretservice-devel list I
> copied the message to.
>> As for the git migration itself, we are carrying on our plan of
>> splitting each application into its own repository.
> I can take care (Michael, do you agree with this?) of kdeutil/kwallet
> split-out.
> You suggest creating it's own repository, but I think it should go to
> kde-baseapps. Or perhaps this repo will also get split application-wise?

I fully agree. I never understood why part of kwallet was inside kdeutils in
the first place but never really nagged people enough for it to be changed.
Now we got the chance it would make sense to move to kde-baseapps IMO.

If there happens to be an advanced manual password manager (like
kwalletmanager++) it could still go to kdeutils, but at least the basic
stuff should be available for everyone who's also using the daemon.

Regards
Michael