[Ksecretservice-devel] Fwd: Re: KWallet/KSecretsService & GIT workflow

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Thu Aug 11 11:20:50 UTC 2011

On 08/10/2011 09:37 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Valentin Rusu <kde at rusu.info> writes:
>
>> kdeutils is not yet in KDE GIT and in Randa we discussed the
>> modularization of KDE. What are the current plans about it?
>>
>> The kdeutils/kwallet module uses kde-runtime/kwalletd. By analogy,
>> kdeutils/kwallet may be better placed, in my opinion, inside
>> kde-baseapps module (and btw this module already moved to GIT).
>>
>> Alternatively, we may consider creating a small module named
>> KDE/kdebase/kwalletmanager and move the kdeutils/kwallet code inside
>> this module.
> kdeutils-wise, lemma (Michael Leupold) is the person you need to talk
> to.
Yes, I know - he's a subscriber of the ksecretservice-devel list I
copied the message to.
> As for the git migration itself, we are carrying on our plan of
> splitting each application into its own repository.
I can take care (Michael, do you agree with this?) of kdeutil/kwallet
split-out.
You suggest creating it's own repository, but I think it should go to
kde-baseapps. Or perhaps this repo will also get split application-wise?
> After it is finished
> it might be useful to contact the kde-scm-interest mailing list (or go
> to the #kde-git IRC channel) to talk about moving kwallet into
> kde-baseapps without losing the history in case the move is really
> desired.
Well, KWallet will get superseded by KSecretsService and this move would
make things simpler in that regard.
I'll contact #kde-git with more precise questions when this will be
about to be done.

--

Valentin Rusu (valir)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)