[Kroupware] how to i get kolab to get emails from a off. internet pop3 server

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Wed Mar 24 22:41:57 CET 2004

This is just the situation I had when setting up my home system under
Kolab. This was one of the things that _has_ worked for me so far. :) But
I'm still plugging away at it. Right now I'm waiting to get on  a faster
connection to download the latest zfos openpkg-2.0 beta.

In any case, I only had one account that has an external email address,
and I was able to set up a .forward file for that account. In the case of
many accounts, it would be non-trivial to do  that for each account.

Would it be possible to create a module to inject emails that don't
come from "expected" sources?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:20:11 +0100
Steffen Petter <spetter at web.de> wrote:

> Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > What you perhaps want to do is getting mails from a server at an ISP and put
> > in on a Kolab server to store it there. For this task I would recommend you
> > to use a tool like "fetchmail".
>
> That is in fact the most use case for user of small businesses. The
> kolab server works in an intranet without official IP address. Kolab
> delivers internal emails to the respective clients in the intranet.
> External emails are being fetched from a server at an ISP and after that
> they will be delivered to the clients or user mailboxes. So it would be
> very useful if there was a function in the web-administration view,
> which helps to set up the server for this purpose?
>
> Regards,
> Steffen.

--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |
SysAdmin, Security Engineer    |   storm [at] tux.org
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          |   storm [at] debian.org
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34