[Kroupware] how to i get kolab to get emails from a off. internet pop3 server

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Mar 24 08:42:53 CET 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 07:06, remo.waelti at bluewin.ch wrote:
> Which component is getting email from a normal pop3 account?
> Thanks to everyone who reads or answers!!!!

You have a misunderstanding regarding what Kolab does. Kolab is a Groupware
_server_ so it doesn't get mails via POP3 from anywhere. Opposed to this,
you can get your mails from a Kolab server via POP3 (given that you
activate that protocol) onto your client / MUA.
What you perhaps want to do is getting mails from a server at an ISP and put
in on a Kolab server to store it there. For this task I would recommend you
to use a tool like "fetchmail".

Regards,
Andreas