[Kroupware] More kolab issues, Please help

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Tue Mar 23 00:27:42 CET 2004

I sent this before, but I don't think it went out. If you receive two copies, I apologize.

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:36:32 -0500
Bradley Alexander <storm at tux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:31:39PM +0100, Henning Holtschneider wrote:
> >
> > On Monday 22 March 2004 17:06, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> >
> > > When I clicked OK in kmail's config, it tried to create the additional
> > > folders for calendar, notes, etc and crashed with a sig11. This is
> > > reproducible for me. And I still am not able to get mail. It is sitting in
> > > /var/mail/storm, but I cannot get it through IMAP. In looking at the logs
> >
> > The mail should go into
> > /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/<yourdomain.tld>/user/<username>. If it's in
> > /var/mail/<username>, it looks like you did not disable the MTA that came
> > with your Linux distribution.
>
> I used the default schema for kolab, and I have
>
> /kolab/var/imapd/spool/user/storm at subdomain^domain^org
>
> Within this direcrory, I have cyrus.cache, cyrus.header and cyrus.index.
> At this point, I have two questions. First of all, I would prefer having the
> directory laid out similar to what you describe. How can I convert from
> what I have now to what you describe? Secondly, how do I get the mail
> manually from /var/mail/storm into the files you describe?
>
> Note that there is no other MTA running on this box. I stopped postfix
> before starting kolab. The other thing is that I was using fetchmail to
> get mail from my tux.org account. I have set up a .forward that seems to
> be working, however, for some odd reason, all incoming mail is getting
> piped through /usr/bin/postfix. I don't quite get why, but I have removed
> my original postfix configuration from the machine, but it made no
> difference. I'm in the process of rooting around to see why kolab's
> postfix is piping through procmail.

I have removed the old postfix config files in /etc. There should be no
way to get the old installation to run.

This is so wierd, because if this were a common problem, I would think I
would have seen more traffic on the list, which leads me to think it is a
misconfiguration on my part, but I followed the QIM steps. Legacy misconfig?

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |
SysAdmin, Security Engineer    |   storm [at] tux.org
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          |   storm [at] debian.org
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
Sushi? Where I'm from, we call this stuff "bait."
					--Terry Bradshaw