[Kroupware] More kolab issues, Please help

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Mon Mar 22 19:36:32 CET 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:31:39PM +0100, Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> On Monday 22 March 2004 17:06, Bradley Alexander wrote:
>
> > When I clicked OK in kmail's config, it tried to create the additional
> > folders for calendar, notes, etc and crashed with a sig11. This is
> > reproducible for me. And I still am not able to get mail. It is sitting in
> > /var/mail/storm, but I cannot get it through IMAP. In looking at the logs
>
> The mail should go into
> /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/<yourdomain.tld>/user/<username>. If it's in
> /var/mail/<username>, it looks like you did not disable the MTA that came
> with your Linux distribution.

Excellent. Thank you for the forward progress, Henning. Now I used the
default schema for kolab, and I have

/kolab/var/imapd/spool/user/storm at subdomain^domain^org

Within this direcrory, I have cyrus.cache, cyrus.header and cyrus.index.
At this point, I have two questions. First of all, I would prefer having the
directory laid out similar to what you describe. How can I convert from
what I have now to what you describe? Secondly, how do I get the mail
manually from /var/mail/storm into the files you describe?

Note that there is no other MTA running on this box. I stopped postfix
before starting kolab. The other thing is that I was using fetchmail to
get mail from my tux.org account. I have set up a .forward that seems to
be working, however, for some odd reason, all incoming mail is getting
piped through /usr/bin/postfix. I don't quite get why, but I have removed
my original postfix configuration from the machine, but it made no
difference. I'm in the process of rooting around to see why kolab's
postfix is piping through procmail.

Thanks again, Henning.

--
--Brad