[Kroupware] Email issues

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Mar 16 08:27:03 CET 2004

Am Montag, 15. März 2004 22:01 schrieb Bradley Alexander:

Hi,

> some point, the file was changed back to the default. What is the proper
> way to change the postfix config under Kolab?

please have a look at /kolab/etc/kolab/main.cf.template as kolab uses a
template based config approach.

> 2. What changes to I have to make to the KDE clients? I'm running 3.2.1,
> and, for instance, the kmail client has a groupware page in the config,
> but when I enable it, I'm not able to get the calendar, notes, contacts
> etc. The folders are there on the left, but when I click on them, nothing
> changes.

Please use kontact not kmail. (configuration is still underdocumented though..
Please come back if you cannot figure it out.)

> 3. Currently, with this account, I have the mailserver doing a pop3 pull
> from the actual tux.org server, then my workstation pops the mail to my
> inbox. I am the only one with an account on tux, is this an acceptable
> solution for Kolab? Just turn off the pop3 from the workstation and use
> the IMAP connection to read mail?

Sorry, I dont understand.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de