[Kroupware] Email issues

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Mon Mar 15 22:01:12 CET 2004

I finally have a chance to get Kolab up and running. I started working
with it in earnest, and I have run into a couple of problems. I am using
kolab-1.0.14-20031126 on the mailserver, and kde-3.2.1-1 on the clients.

A couple of issues I am running into, if someone could help, I would appreciate it.

1. In setting up my domain on the mailserver, I have the primary domain
name (e.g. sub.foo.org), but I also want to send and accept mail  for
sub.foo.net and sub.bar.org. I also want to get mail for this particular
account. I tweaked $mydestination in /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf, but at
some point, the file was changed back to the default. What is the proper
way to change the postfix config under Kolab?

2. What changes to I have to make to the KDE clients? I'm running 3.2.1,
and, for instance, the kmail client has a groupware page in the config,
but when I enable it, I'm not able to get the calendar, notes, contacts
etc. The folders are there on the left, but when I click on them, nothing changes.

3. Currently, with this account, I have the mailserver doing a pop3 pull
from the actual tux.org server, then my workstation pops the mail to my
inbox. I am the only one with an account on tux, is this an acceptable
solution for Kolab? Just turn off the pop3 from the workstation and use
the IMAP connection to read mail?

Thanks all,
--
--Brad