[Kroupware] Postfix qmgr events not being logged

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Sun Mar 14 22:42:30 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004, Stephan Buys wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some machines that are not logging any qmgr events to /kolab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log
> This is a problem if one wants to run reporting using something like isoqlog.
> The qmgr events contain this like sender information and message size.
> Anyone else have this problem? Possibly a workaround for it?

Stephan,
does it mean the postfix log is completely empty? I don't believe. So
I assume it does not contain qmgr events. Maybe it does not contain
recent qmgr events? I remember there was an issue when the size of the
postfix.log exceeded the maximum message size. In that case qmgr did not
log to that file as it sets a process limit for the file size which also
applies to the log - if fsl is used. Original syslog does not see that
problem as the actual write to the file is done by a different process.
This problem exists per fsl design. I created a patch for postfix to
circumvent it.

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless