[Kroupware] SourceXtreme, Inc MAPI toolkit

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 11 16:22:56 CET 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 19:42, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> Greetings,
>    In case people are interested we posted a snapshot of our GPL MAPI
> toolkit at:
> 	http://www.sourcextreme.com/projects/outlook/mapi

Thanks for note!
It is great that we get more Free Software.

>    This is basicly most of the common code we have been pulling out of our
> MAPI transport provider and message store.  THIS CODE HAS BEEN SCRUBBED
> OF ALL SHARED SOURCE AND ANY OTHER QUESTIONABLE EXAMPLE CODE.  This API
> is completely safe to link to with an Open Source license compatible
> with the GPL.  We are offering a commercial license to interested
> commercial parties but our main goal is help build TNEF parsers and
> other GPL tools that need to interact with MAPI.

You probably mean a "proprietary" license,
the GNU GPL does not forbit you to make money.

I have a question about the licensing:
This being GNU GPL means that it cannot be linked against the KDE
components that demand the QT exception.
Wouldn't using the LGPL help to spread and improve this library?

	Bernhard