[Kroupware] Outlook-Enhancement

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Mar 6 02:20:20 CET 2004

Am Friday 05 March 2004 20:22 schrieb Stefan Lang:

Hi Stefan,

> > > What, if we don't touch Outlook, let it store its calendar information
> > > the way
> > > it wants, and convert it to vcal on the server.....perhaps "in" kolab!

Yes, this is possible indeed. Actually I verified that the KDE client at one
point could read the OL files....

> I feel like lost in the dark!
>
> I think we need some more opinions from the "core team", too?!
> HuHu! Anybody out there and wants to join this thread?? :-)

The _big_ problem is either writing the MS files (e.g. with tnef encoding) or
makeing OL capable of parsing the native kolab files.

I put many man hours into this and came to the conclusion that the data models
simply do _not_ allow for a trivial straight forward mapping.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de