[Kroupware] Outlook-Enhancement

konold at erfrakon.de konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Mar 3 19:45:07 CET 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

Hi Stefan,

> On Wednesday 03 March 2004 11:42, Stefan Lang wrote:
> > We have an employee in our company, who is able to develop a "plugin" for
> > M$ Outlook which is able to store its calendar-content "regulary" in
> > vcal-format! My questions are:
> > 1) Is this a "workaround" to share calendar informatinon (not freebusy)
> > between Outlook- and Kontact-Users?
>
> This is not a workaround, it would be the real solution!

Well, the question is if it will work for 100% e.g. hwo does he solve the
GUID issue? (OL needs the GUID and a lot of other internal data of a
calendar item in order to keep internal references correct)

So basically this means that the plugin must not only be able to write
(easy) but also to read the vcals in all their beauty.

> > 2) If it is a workaround, is it of interest?
>
> Yes, a plug-in that enables Outlook users to fully
> read and write KDE Kolab Client formats over
> disconnected Imap is highly desireable.

Of course this is highly desireable but not trivial.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569  Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de