[Kroupware] E-Mail question

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Jan 27 09:58:11 CET 2004

Am Tuesday 27 January 2004 09:26 schrieb Lindner:
> Andreas Gungl schrieb:
> >Hello,
> >
> >in our Kolab installation there we have problems that umlauts in the
> > e-mail headers get replaced by "X". I tried to find a solution for this
> > in the postfix docu and via Google, but without success.
> >Can anybody help me out here?
>
> This is not a postfix "problem"  ->   it is a Cyrus "feature".    ;-)
> Instead of rejecting the invalid eMail, Cyrus is replacing the invalid
> character with "X".

Thanks for the information. I've found that correctly encoded headers (= ?
iso8859-1 ? q ? //// without blanks) are showing up correctly. When I got
messages via certain mailing list software (e.g. the KDE bug tracking
system) then the "X" is showing up.
Previously we used sendmail where we had not that problem. My boss is very
upset because of the "unreadable" addresses. I can understand him. ;-)

How can we modify the Cyrus configuration to keep the characters (whose are
certainly 8bit chars)?

TIA,
Andreas