[Kroupware] Aethera question

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed Feb 18 08:53:08 CET 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 17:22, Eugen Constantinescu wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 17:58, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running Aethera on my W2K installation in parallel to the Kolab web
> > frontend and Mozilla. I'm using Mozilla for E-Mails (it's the most
> > comfortable program for me, Aethera is sometimes crashing).
>
> Hi,
> Please report the crashes to me, it's very important for me. Thanks.

It's crashing reproducible on German W2K SP4 when I quit Aethera. Sometimes
it crashes when switching to another message or another older. There is the
known message box stating that it crashed at address bla-bla. Do you want
me to provide this address? I actually don't think that this could help you
in any way. So, please tell me what I can do for you.

> > OTOH I use
> > Aethera to check for events (which Mozilla can't do). I would like to
> > also use Aethera to lookup contacts, but somehow there are no contacts
> > visible in the appropriate view although in the mail view I can see all
> > limitation?
>
> You should be able to get your contacts in AddressBook.
> See the Contacts/Kolab subfolder associated with your Kolab account.
> Indeed you can also check (open vcard attachments) the emails from you
> Contacts IMAP folder.
> LDAP isn't present in Aethera but I don't think that your problem is
> related to this.

No, it's not about LDAP. I've many addresses in the IMAP folder named
contacts. I can see them as messages when I select this folder in the
MailCenter. I can see the attached vcard in the messages. When I try to
open them, Aethera starts a cmd window (huh?) on my system. Perhaps I'm
missing an association for .vct files, but it's somehow surprising. :-)

Well, switching to the AddressBook gives me a tree: Contacts--Kolab--Kolab.
RMB on each Kolab node gives a popup menu containing Kolab Synchronization
and New Contact. Selecting Kolab Synchronization results in nothing (i.e. I
can't see anything happen).

Nevertheless, I start to like Aethera. It's a real alternative to the
Outlook plugins. It will take a while to polish the rough edges of this
first Kolab enabled release, but that's something I can live with.

Regards,
Andreas