[Kroupware] creating dedicated kroupware server

Richard Smith thegalorin at whsmithnet.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 14:10:29 CET 2004

I just found out about this project, and I would like to use Gentoo or
Slackware to create an optimised, dedicated server.  I won't be
clustering, or in any other way distributing the connected services.  I
understand it needs LDAP, Apache, postfix(?) and others....  My main
questions are:

What packages/services do I need in order to get the kolab server up and
running?

Where is the source code for the kolab server package?

Are there any tools available for migrating over the data from an
existing Exchange server to Kolab?

I have already grabbed the new kdepim, kdenetwork, and KDE Kolab
client.  I just need to get the server downloaded and installed... and
convince local businesses that Linux is the future of computing in the UK.

-Richard