[Kroupware] No imap box after creation of an user

Stefan Lang steven at organet.com
Mon Feb 9 11:12:51 CET 2004

Hi Stephan! :-)
Am Montag, 9. Februar 2004 06:59 schrieb Stephan Buys:

> > Here is my problem:
> > Installation went fine, kolab and all other services are fired up.
> > I can do a login with the webinterface. I can create a user and I can see
> > him in the ldap tree. But there is no imap-mailbox or mailbox directory
> > created in /kolab/var/imap/user/$FirstCharacter !
> >
> > Instead of it, i can see a directory in /kolab/var/imapd/spool/user/
> > And it stays there for ever!
>
> That is where it's supposed to be :-)
> /kolab/var/imapd/user/...  contains "meta" information like, what messages
> have been seen by the users, who is subscribed to what, etc.

Yes! I n the meanwhile I notices this too! :-)
I was wrong, because I followed a mail in the archive........and there was a
mistake in it! Shit happens!

> > I think slurpd contacted kolab and kolab did the update to imapd, but
> > imapd is not able to create the mailbox.
>
> Have you tried to log into that account? You should use your full e-mail
> address as your username, also normal POP3 is disabled by default.
> Re-enable it through the web-interface.

That was the second pitfall, bit I "solved" this, too!
It is very important to mention something like this in the QIM.

Kolab was the first system in my career, wich was fully functioning after
setup and I was not able to check this. Funny!

Thanks
Stefan