[Kroupware] No imap box after creation of an user

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Mon Feb 9 06:59:13 CET 2004

Hi Stefan,

On Friday 06 February 2004 12:58, Stefan Lang wrote:
> Hello List!
>  I'm new to the list and new with kolab!
> I've downloaded and installed kolab version 1.0.14-20031126 from zfos!
> BTW: I noticed some differerences between the QIM and the "real" installation
> procedure. If it's of interest I can post my *.spec-files.
>
> Here is my problem:
> Installation went fine, kolab and all other services are fired up.
> I can do a login with the webinterface. I can create a user and I can see him
> in the ldap tree. But there is no imap-mailbox or mailbox directory created
> in /kolab/var/imap/user/$FirstCharacter !
>
> Instead of it, i can see a directory in /kolab/var/imapd/spool/user/
> And it stays there for ever!

That is where it's supposed to be :-)
/kolab/var/imapd/user/...  contains "meta" information like, what messages have
been seen by the users, who is subscribed to what, etc.

> I think slurpd contacted kolab and kolab did the update to imapd, but imapd is
> not able to create the mailbox.

Have you tried to log into that account? You should use your full e-mail address
as your username, also normal POP3 is disabled by default. Re-enable it through
the web-interface.